Saturday, July 24, 2010

How do I say the kids name in Hawaiian Language?

I have looked on the internet but have not found there names.





I have three parties in one week and we have decided to do a luau for them all. I want there names and be spelled as it would be in this language. Does anyone know of a website that is free that I can learn how to pronounce there names





Alisha 7 years old





Kelcee 10 years old... when pronounced it sounds like KelSEE


Tyler...as it sounds





Tyler 3 years old





Also would like to put there ages on there cake


If someone knows of a site that will help me please send it to me





Thank You

How do I say the kids name in Hawaiian Language?
Alisha-'Alika


seven-'ehiku


Kelcee-Keliki


ten-'umi


Tyler-Kileki


three-'ekolu





consonants sound the same as in english, vowels are "a" as in "paw", "e" as in "elf", "i" as in "bee", "o" as in "go", "u" as in "do", the glottal stop is a backwards apostrophe, it looks like the number six (only smaller)





I found the name translations at: www.alohafriendsluau.com





find more Hawaiian language translations and resources at: www.wehewehe.org





Also the best podcast for introductory Hawaiian language:


www.olelo.hawaii.edu/olelo/hoolele101/


No comments:

Post a Comment