Monday, July 19, 2010

I need help with a Hawaiian name...?

When my daughter was born, I wanted to name her Akeakamai (lover of wisdom). However, with the other names that my husband picked out, her initials would have spelled out "S.C.A.B", so my aunty told me to add "Ka" to her name. So we wrote it out "Ka'akeakamai". Could someone tell me if this is right? I know meaning changes with the glottal stop, but how else would I write it? Please let me know.

I need help with a Hawaiian name...?
o my gosh please don't name your daughter that! That names is so complex that every time someone asks her what her name is she will have to say Ka'Akeakamai and then they will say can you spell that and she will have to say





K-A -apostrophe- capital A-K-E-A-K-A-M-A-I





I know i would hate to have that name, so please dont name your daughter that!
Reply:i love that name but im not sure exactly what it translates to... i think that is the correct way to write it





and even if he intials are scab... there is really nothing majorly weird about that... i know plenty of people with intials spelling cat or jar or pan... things like that


go ahead!

chestnut

No comments:

Post a Comment